Where can I find ChaplainWatch?
What is a Chaplain?
Who are the NightWatch Chaplains?
What are the Values & Ethics of ChaplainWatch?
- Chaplain’s Values:
- Character with Integrity
- Helpfulness with Wisdom
- Authenticity with Godliness
- Purposeful with Passion
- Leadership with Compassion
- Altruistic with Excellence of Service
- Intuitive with Professionalism
- Noteworthy with Humility
- Core Values
- We value a Chaplaincy that exhibits character, integrity, commitment, and grace
- We value a Chaplaincy characterised by visionary servant leadership that empowers others and respects diversity
- We value a Chaplaincy that demonstrates excellence, committed to professional development and a consistent Christian ethic
- We value a Chaplaincy that reflects authentic biblical spirituality which is not self-serving but reaches out to others, especially in their time of crisis or need
- We value personal, relational and spiritual transformation in an ever changing culture
- We value a Chaplaincy committed to a faithful relationship with God, the family, the church, the community and colleagues
- Ethical Foundation
- Have a prophetic role in the city but never be condemning
- Able to speak with authority but always in love
- Be persuasive but not coercive or manipulative
- Be accepting and respecting people’s trust
- Provide pastoral care while allowing for their uniqueness and individuality to shine
- Relate with people in a manner that affirms their value
- Be compassionate and pleasant to all seeking or receiving care, demonstrating respect of persons and their cultural background
- Promote dialogue rather than monologue, understanding that pastoral care is done with people rather than to people
- Invite engagement instead of passive receptivity
- Meet people where they are at on their faith’s journey rather than imposing sole religious presuppositions and expectations
- Give people the freedom to ignore or reject the help offered
- Acknowledge individual faith responses and provide spiritual support in response to people’s receptivity and spiritual hunger
- Maintain a community dedicated to the ministry of healing, sustaining, reconciling, and guiding God’s people
What is the ChaplainWatch Code of Conduct?
- Behave honestly and with integrity in the course of their duties
- Act with care and diligence in the course of their duties
- When acting in the course of ChaplainWatch duties, must treat everyone with respect and courtesy, and without harassment
- When acting in the course of ChaplainWatch duties, must comply with all applicable Australian laws. For this purpose Australian law means:
- any Act, or any instrument made under an Act; or
- any law of a State or Territory, including any instrument made under such law
- Comply with any lawful and reasonable direction given by someone in ChaplainWatch who has authority to give the direction
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality
- Disclose and take reasonable steps to avoid, any conflict of interest (real or apparent) in connection with ChaplainWatch duties
- Use ChaplainWatch resources in a proper manner
- Not provide false or misleading information in response to a request for information that is made for official purposes in connection with ChaplainWatch duties
- Not make improper use of:
- inside information, or
- the Chaplain’s duties, status, power or authority, in order to gain, or seek to gain, a benefit or advantage for the Chaplain or for any other person
- At all times behave in a way that upholds the ChaplainWatch Values and the integrity and good reputation of the ChaplainWatch
- Comply with any other conduct requirement that is prescribed by the ChaplainWatch Operations Manual or Senior Chaplain
Why are the Chaplains dressed in purple?
What is VAKS?
What is the Direct Debit Agreement (DDR)?
- with your financial institution whether direct debiting is available from your account as direct debiting is not available on all accounts offered by financial institutions.
- your account details which you have provided to us are correct by checking them against a recent account statement; and
- with your financial institution before completing the Direct Debit Request if you have any queries about how to complete the Direct Debit Request.
Confidentiality We will keep any information (including your account details) in your Direct Debit Request confidential. We will make reasonable efforts to keep any such information that we have about you secure and to ensure that any of our employees or agents who have access to information about you do not make any unauthorised use, modification, reproduction or disclosure of that information. We will only disclose information that we have about you:
- to the extent specifically required by law; or
- for the purposes of this agreement (including disclosing information in connection with any query or claim).
Notice If you wish to notify us in writing about anything relating to this agreement, you should write to CHAPLAINWATCH INC PO Box 191 Fortitude Valley, QLD, Australia 4006 We will notify you by sending a notice in the ordinary post to the address you have given us in the Direct Debit Request. Any notice will be deemed to have been received on the third banking day after posting.