NightWatch Chaplain, Arelene conducted a presentation on the statistics and outcomes for the NightWatch service. The comments from her colleagues indicated the impact that this service has on the local community. Want to know what they said?
NightWatch Chaplain, Arelene conducted a presentation on the statistics and outcomes for the NightWatch service. The comments from her colleagues indicated the impact that this service has on the local community:
- Luciano – I did not realise how many jobs are attended to and also how many women are affected.
- Thilankka – I am surprised at how many women are affected.
- Karen – For a smallish volunteer organisation, impressed at how well it is run and organised and the level of detail we capture.
- James – I was very impressed how many incidents your team deal with and how well equipped the team is. I did not know about the Safe Night Out program at all which I thought was brilliant. I was however concerned with the stats that you showed us regarding females in the 18-25 year range. That was an eye opener. This is a worthwhile cause and I hope that the government provides more funding to you for this service.
- Grish – Found interesting the M vs F stats, would be interesting to see the monthly incidents to see crossovers and seasonal trends.
- Marie-Lise – I did not know you existed so it was great to hear about it. No surprise on the reason why people needs help (intoxification). I was impressed by the length of the intervention, I thought it would have taken longer. It was a great presentation, loved it, well done
- Justin – I guess the number of people that needed help was quite surprising. So was the danger of waking up people who may be on drugs. I was also surprised that they do so much.